Vice Mayor Mike McCabe moves to APPROVE and EXPEDITE the Naples Beach Hotel 23-SPD1
VIEW COUNCIL VIDEO BELOW text.
Vice Mayor McCabe: "In light of it being collaborative and instructive, it was. And as we stated in the continuance, we listed out a number of issues and I think the solid waste hauling has been clarified. I believe the drainage needs a little bit better more, but that will come in the site plan from the golf course. As far as the evacuation plan and Electric vehicles, I think we've clarified that. We've gotten clarification. The road construction and our infrastructure improvements, we have made progress on getting that agreement. So I feel comfortable that we can move forward with that. I think the restrictive covenants, we've made some significant progress. We need some work to tie those loose ends up. And I think I've heard the commitment to get it done and that there is no substantive issues that are standing up right now that would be in the way. I believe that we've had our executive session to have the conversation about the litigation, which could have an impact on this. And I think we've had that, and I consider that done. We've had our conversations with Nault making sure where and what they have and how that would either be in or add to the movement forward and I look at it as movement forward. And as Mr. Newman said, when you look at some of the things, unless you really make them a priority, they will become an issue down the road and I think with what we expressed in the last meeting and the continuance, we identified those that were a priority that we needed information on and we've gotten it. And they therefore really won't create an issue down the road. So we will be smoother as this moves forward. So with that in mind, I move to approve this petition."
Vice Mayor McCabe: " I would also I'm not sure in what form it needs to take, but I would like to get at least a consensus out of council to request that the DRB hold a special meeting for this project. And looking at the calendar, that meeting could be with 30 days notice be June 2nd. There's nothing that is taking up these chambers or the next one would be, say, June 6th, which would be in the afternoon because there is an ethics commission meeting in the morning. And if those two dates are amenable to the DRB, that would pick up over three weeks of time versus the regular scheduled DRB meeting. "